Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Get skinny, Go shopping

So in 2012, I made a commitment to give up shopping, well except for, like, 10 outfits. I'm doing good so far. I've bought a $3 shirt at Savers in lime and 3 shirts for $20 at Target - in colors I didn't own (mustard, navy & orange)!

I have a shopping addiction. I'm trying to curb this addiction. Instead, I've found a way around it. Hahaha.

For Lent this year, I decided I would give up being slovenly. I'm not Catholic, but I do appreciate the sacrifice that Christ gave for our sins, so this is one of the traditions I follow in my personal mixed-up religion. I like to follow traditions from different cultures & religions that speak to me & allow me to feel God's presence in my life. I digress...

Lent's not working out so well for me. We're 2 weeks into Lent & I've worked out twice. And once was swimming on our staycation, so... I suck.
Now, excuse wise, I did have a deathly flu bug, to the point that I put myself on the BRAT diet - for 5 days. But I have no excuse for the other 6 days. Other than, I suck.

I can solve 2 problems at once. If I get skinny, I can go shopping. Duh.

So, I'm biting off more than I can chew and publicly embarassing, I mean, documenting my adventure & hopefully weight loss.

Step one... I'm going to work out tonight, weigh myself, take pictures & share it with all of you tomorrow.

I don't wanna suck anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment